Grace Church Restoration
Grace Church Restoration
“A HOUSE FOR ALL PEOPLE”
The people of Grace Church Brooklyn Heights give thanks to God and to all those who have contributed to the renovation and restoration of our worship space.
Although our renovation is substantially complete, you can still contribute to the restoration of Grace Church.
There are a few remaining projects that we will add if we are able to achieve additional funding.
What can I do financially? If you have not yet made a pledge to the capital campaign, please join with us in making a pledge for these renovation efforts. Pledge envelopes may be found at the Welcome Table at the back of the church,; or you can turn to the “Give” section of our website to make a pledge or gift on-line.
- Consider making pledge payments sooner rather than later. This will help us save in interest costs and we can use these savings for other projects.
- If you are eligible for an employer matching gift, please contact the parish office. With a small amount of paperwork, we can double the size of your contribution.
- If you are more than 70 ½ years old and required to make distributions from an IRA, consider directing the distribution to Grace Church.
- If you have not yet remembered Grace Church in your will, this would be a very opportune time. Bequests of any size will help us with our preservation efforts and free up annual budgets for other important work of the Church.
- Invite a friend, neighbor or family member to make a contribution- many of them have been married at Grace, attended Grace Church, buried a loved one or experienced other significant experiences- perhaps they would like to make a gift.
- If you would like more information, please call the parish office at 718-624-1850, or e mail us and we will be happy to help you.
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.
Grace Brooklyn Heights Conservancy
Questions and Answers
What is the Conservancy?
The Conservancy was established in the spring of 2012 by authorization of the Vestry as a New York State not-for-profit corporation. It has been approved by the IRS for a tax-exempt status, and may now accept tax-exempt gifts.
The Board of Directors of the Conservancy consists of the Rector, Wardens and Vestry of Grace Church Brooklyn Heights.
What's the purpose of the Conservancy?
The Conservancy was organized for the purpose of providing financial support for the capital maintenance, restoration and improvement of our historic Richard Upjohn church, and the parish house.
Because it is a separate organization from the Church, and does not use any of its funds for religious activities, it is able to receive gifts and grants from secular organizations or individuals, such as employer matching gift programs, and private or public organizations that will provide grants to preserve historic buildings.
What if I'm eligible for an employer matching grant?
Your checks or funds transfers should be endorsed to Grace Brooklyn Heights Conservancy Inc. We will make sure that this will be considered fulfillment of your capital campaign pledge to Grace Church. You should immediately obtain an application form from your employer, either on-line or in person-contact us if you need supporting documents or information from the Conservancy.
(Contact Vivian Toan through the parish office, 718-624-1850 for further assistance and to let her know of a future grant.)
If I'm not eligible for an employer matching grant, do I need to direct my gifts to the Conservancy?
No-You may continue to make your gifts directly to the church.
How can I make my gift to the Conservancy?
You can write a check to Grace Brooklyn Heights Conservancy Inc. and place it in the offering plate or mail it to the parish office. If you would like to make a gift of stock, you can contact Bob Whiteford or through the parish office, 718-624-1850, for further instructions.
What will the Conservancy do with my gift:
The Conservancy will direct gift and grant funds to pay for projects approved by the Vestry for renovation and restoration of the nave, chancel and roof.
God bless you for your gifts of treasure and time.